Thursday, August 13, 2009

WHY?

This is Clay's new favorite word. It is like living with a 5-year-old. It doesn't matter what I say, he almost always follows it up with WHY. Most of the time I just look at him like he has lost his mind, but answer in my head. Here are a few examples:



ME: Can you please take out the trash?
Clay: Why?
ME: (in my head) Because it stinks.


ME: Will you hand me a burp cloth?
Clay: Why?
ME: (in my head) Because our child just barfed his lunch on me.


ME: Will you turn those lights off?
Clay: Why?
ME: (in my head) Because our power bill was $150 last month.


ME: Can you put the dog out?
Clay: Why?
ME: (in my head) Because I don't want her to pee on the carpet.


I am fighting the urge to answer, "because I said so!" That is such a mom thing to say and I thought I had a few more years before that started. Apparently not.


I feel like most of my requests are pretty simple and don't require further explanation, but I am not a man and I really have no clue what goes on inside of his head!


It was starting to get annoying, now it is just funny because I know he is going to do it.


Husbands: they are a total trip!


Sometimes I feel like a single-mom of two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment