I have been working from home on Wednesdays. It has been so nice, and I am so glad our work is letting us work from home one day a week. I get so much work done, plus I get our laundry done too. So bonus!!
When I work from home, I always pick Will up from daycare a little early. Today, we decided we needed a treat so we went to Jack's to get some ice cream.
It was so nice to take Will on a little ice cream date. He had a lot of fun and ran all over the restaurant. We were the only 2 people there.
I asked Will what kind of ice cream he wanted and he said blue. They didn't have blue ice cream so he picked orange sherbet and then I got chocolate. We went to sit down and Will decided he didn't want the orange ice cream. He then proceeded to eat ALL of my chocolate ice cream! He kept telling me "mommy like orange ice cream" like he was trying to convince me that I picked orange ice cream.
Last Saturday, we traveled to Cragford to attend the Carter Family Reunion. This is Clay's grandmother's family.
The reunion was held at the Cragford School. It was really neat. I have been there once or twice before but it had been a while back. This was the first time we have taken Will. The school is so neat because they have a lot of history about the school and pictures posted. The school only had like 4 classrooms and a gym. The gym has old wooden floors. It really is an interesting site.
Clay's grandmother has nine brothers and sisters, so including each of their spouse and family members, there were a lot of people there.
We had a great time catching up with everyone and having Will meet family members he has never seen before.
Also, one of the highlights was Clay's cousin, Tonya, got to come and bring her new baby Tyler. He was 3 weeks old and so sweet. I love newborns. We are so happy for Tonya, Tony, and Taylor! A little boy is just what they needed.
It was a really fun day.
When we were leaving Cragford, we decided to stop by the Harris Dam. This is the dam on Lake Wedowee. We wanted to take Will to see it because his Pawpaw worked on this dam during its construction. When we got to the dam we told Will that Pawpaw built it and Will's reply was "Pawpaw build me a big slide." He didn't understand the concept of the dam and thought it was giant slide. He thought it was great and talked all the way home about how Pawpaw built him that slide.
We are in the midst of the terrible two's. I hate the word "terrible" because Will is not terrible, we are all just struggling a bit.
Will is such a great little boy. He is so loving and funny. He is smart and crazy. I love everything about his little personality.
But let's be honest, he is not perfect, I am not perfect, and Clay is not perfect. So things have been rough around our house.
That little boy that is so cute and sweet can sometimes be ugly and mean. I know that it comes with his age, but wow!
We have spent numerous nights in time-out and hours trying to talk out his frustrations.
Sometimes we hear the word "NO" so many times it makes me and Clay crazy. And if we are being honest, sometimes Will pushes both Clay and I to our breaking point. But I have found out one of the greatest things about being married during these hard days. On the days that I get frustrated and just can't handle things, Clay has a day where he lets everything roll off his back and he is able to stay calm. And on the days Clay feels like he is going to lose his mind, I have a day where I feel like I can conquer any problem. And the luckiest person in all of this is Will, because he always has one of us to step in and handle things without anyone getting upset. Will is our top priority and even on his "problem" days we couldn't ask for a better child to call our own.
I can't believe I haven't posted anything since May! Crazy!
We haven't been super busy or done anything super exciting. We spend our days working/going to daycare and our afternoons are spent playing outside and being together. We have spent most weekends being with family and friends and just enjoying the summer. Because it has been so long since I posted, here is a list of things that have been going on:
1. The first weekend in June we had a cookout at our house for our Sunday School class. It was a lot of fun! Will's best friend, Gavin, was able to come with his mom to the cookout so that was great! We cooked out, played some outdoor games, and then sat around the kitchen just catching up with everyone. Clay and I have great friends and we love being around them.
2. Just to give an example of how random our friends are, after the cookout Kristen, Jordan, Richard, Craig, John, Drew, Clay, and myself sat around the dining room table taking a personality test! So funny!!! Jordan had done the test at work and had Kristen take it. Then we thought we should all take it. Kristen and I were the same personality so it proves we really are BFFs! HA!
3. Richard and Julie stayed with us the weekend of the cookout. Shout out to Richard...here is the picture I found on my camera the day after they left.
4. Will has been all over the place these days. He moved up to the next class at daycare. They must wear him out everyday because he comes home tired. He takes at least 30 minutes every afternoon to rest. It's so funny. Also there have been some tantrums followed by lots of fun times! He is definitely a typical two year old. Love him so much!!!
5. Clay and I celebrated 6 years of marriage on June 11th. Time seems to fly by. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and friend. I hope we get to spend 60 more years together!!!
6. I have been dealing with a little health issue. It is not too serious and I am having some test done to figure out a plan of action to get things under control. That is one of the main reasons the blog has been silent for a few weeks. I am usually very tired and it takes all I have to get through the work day and then get home a take care of my family. Hopefully, I will have some answers soon and be feeling better in a week or so.
7. The pool. I bought Will this pool while Clay was in TX over Memorial Day weekend. We set it up and Will will not get in it. He thought his dinosaurs would enjoy it more. The pool has been taken down. Maybe we will put it up again later in the summer.
Well I guess that is really all that has been going on. We have also been doing some projects around the house, so I will share those in another post.
Hoping for a fun weekend with my boys and our dads!!
I am a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and all things in between. I am married to Clay and love every minute I spend with him. We welcomed our first child, Will, on March 4, 2009, and I don't remember what life was like before him. Life is great and I hope to share some of our moments with you.