Friday, February 26, 2010

Will is turning ONE in less than a week

I have been emotional these last few day, and will probably continue to be emotional until Thursday.  I cannot believe that my baby is turning ONE!! I don't know where the time has gone.  Some days he still seems so little and then other days he seems like such a big boy.  I can't look at pictures of his first few days right now because it makes me cry.  I miss those days of tiny baby and I am trying to soak  up these last few moments before his birthday.

We have been so busy around our house and I know this next week will be even busier. Clay is leaving for a guy's weekend trip today and Mom, Will, and I are traveling to a family wedding tomorrow.  I still have a ton of things on my to do list for Will's party.

Here is an update on the Birthday Prep:

-A trip to Party City is planned to buy all of the party supplies. I have made my list and it is long!

-Clay made a cake and it wasn't pretty.  I feel the need to be completely honest on this subject.  My husband made a cake and icing from scratch by himself, and it tasted GREAT!  That is when it all went down hill. It was not all his fault the cake was ugly because I tried to "help" him decorate it.  Needless to say, we ordered a cake from Edgar's and we will not be getting our own cake baking reality show.

-My dad cut the wood for the centerpieces. I have put the base coat of paint on them.  Hopefully, I can finish them up this weekend with Mom's help.

-I hope to put the favors together this weekend as well.  They should be pretty easy.

-Will had his pictures made.  They are amazing. Thanks again, Erin!

-There is not much more I can do until the day of the party. I hope that it goes well. I know Will won't remember, but I will, and I want it to be special for him.

For his actual birthday on Thursday, we are just going to have our families over to celebrate. I think I am going to get cupcakes and order pizza that day. Low stress so we can focus on our boy!

If I am not around the next couple of days, you will know why--we are going to be super busy!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I was the EXACT same way- turning one is so emotional for us Moms. Also, I went all out for Wyatt's party too- people thought I was crazy, but I wanted to remember his party, and for him to know how special that day was through the pictures as he got older. I can't WAIT to see all the party pictures!! Happy Birthday to Will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet time- your baby is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the party Saturday!

    ReplyDelete