Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Atlanta Supercross 2012

This past weekend, Clay and I got to go to Atlanta with John, Richard, Jeffrey, and Becca for Supercross.  The boys have been the last three years, but this is the first time I have had the opportunity to go.  John planned the trip from start to finish and he did a great job. We had so much fun.

We left Friday afternoon and headed to the hotel. Our hotel was right across the street from the CNN center and the Georgia Dome.  Once we checked-in, when went over to the CNN Center and walked around.  After that, we went to Lenox Square Mall and did some shopping.  John wanted sushi for dinner so we ate at a little place near the mall. Once we finished dinner, we headed back to the hotel and then to a bar called Stats.  It was so nice to get to hang out and not worry about getting home at a decent hour.

We all slept great Friday night and even got to stay in the bed until 9 am.  That never happens at our house!!

Once everyone was up and ready, we went for some lunch and then to the Georgia Dome for practice.  I have never been to any type of motorcycle event, so it was really neat watching these guys practice.




We went to the pits in hopes of meeting some of the racers, but it was packed!!  So we went back over to STATS for dinner before the races started.


Since I didn't really know a whole lot about the racers, John and Clay told me a couple that they like.  So I pulled for Ryan Dungey and he ended up winning!!



The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the exhaust of the motorcycles. Since the event was in the Dome, it didn't feel like there was much air circulating and I felt like I had gasoline in the back of my throat.  Once we got out in the fresh air, it cleared up.



It was about 10:30 pm when we headed back to the hotel. It was so nice that we could just walk and didn't have to get in the traffic.  When we got back the the hotel, the boys wanted to order Chinese food.  Ugh! I felt like we ate the entire time we were gone. 

After sleeping off their Chinese food hangover, we got up on Sunday and headed to the World of Coke. It was really neat. Of course the best part was tasting all the Coke products from all over the world.  There was one called Beverly that is from Italy. It was so nasty and the taste was stuck in my mouth.  I made everyone try it and it was hilarious watching their faces!




It was time to to head home and we stopped at the Varsity to grab some lunch. It was really good!

Once we were home, I could not wait to see Will!!!  I missed him so much. He was asleep when Pawpaw and Bom-Bom got there with him, but we woke him up so he could get his prizes.  His favorite was the Sprite flavored chapstick!

It was such a great weekend.  I am so glad that John invited us to go. He paid for the tickets and the hotel!!!  Thankful to have a generous brother!  Also, I need to say thank you to my parents and my in-laws.  They kept Will for the weekend so we could have some time away from home.  Will was spoiled rotten when he got home, so I know he had a good time.  I am so blessed to have such a great family!

No comments:

Post a Comment