Monday, February 28, 2011

What a Weekend!

We had a busy weekend!

Friday was the most low key moment of the weekend.  We cooked dinner and then headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for the birthday.

Saturday we got up and Clay, John, and Richard headed to Atlanta for motorcycle race.  Julie and I hung out with Will at the house.  Kristen came over and we made all the favors for Will's party.  We had a few extra favors left over so Will got a slinky. He calls it a "tinky" and it is so cute. He also got some Mickey Mouse ears. Julie took a picture of him with the ears on and when he saw the picture he said "I Mickey Mouse!!"  Love him.

Will had to go down for nap a little early because I needed him to rest up for his 2-year-old pictures that afternoon.

After his nap, we headed to downtown Leeds to take his pictures. It was a beautiful day and I was so glad we got to be out and about.  Erin wanted us to meet her at the train depot, and Will was in love. There was a red caboose there and he told everyone that it was "Will's train". He got to see a real train up close when one came by and he was a little freaked out about it. He wanted me to hold him.  I thought he would love it but it was big and loud so I think it was overwhelming for him.

Will's Train

We walked around downtown and Erin took some great pictures. I can't wait to see them. Will was a totally ham and was all over the place. I was so happy that he was in a good  mood!

We went to Wal-Mart after we finished his pictures and Julie was such a big help to me.  It was nice to have someone to push the buggy and entertain Will.  I had to get a bunch of groceries for the week and stuff to make chili for our church's chili cook-off the next day.

Saturday night, we cooked a pizza and just hung out and waited for the boys to get home. I couldn't go to sleep so I stayed up until Clay got home at about 1 am.  We were both exhausted!

Sunday was a crazy day.  I got up early to make my chili and then we headed to church. We had a great service. Bro. Brad is doing a series on family and it is definitely what Clay and I need to hear right now.  After service was the chili cook-off, and guess what, I WON FOR THE BEST CHILI!!! Are you serious?  I laughed so hard when they called my name. I just made my chili to help out because it was fundraiser for our children's program, I never entered to actually win.  I got a little certificate so I am framing it and hanging in my kitchen. Winning a cooking award is something Clay never thought I could do. Thinking about it now still makes me crack up!! 

Will before church wearing Clay's visor. He looked like a little golfer.

Sunday afternoon, we headed over to the outlet mall to meet up with Will's Pawpaw and CC so they could get him some clothes as his birthday present. We got so many cute things and I am so thankful for the new clothes.  THANKS PAWPAW AND CC!

On the way home from the outlet mall, Will fell asleep in the car.  He was so tired!  We went home and he got to sleep for an hour and then it was time to head back to church. Clay and I had a youth committee meeting before bible study.  After bible study we went to Wendy's with a bunch of people from church. There were like 25 of us there.  Our pastors daughter, Abby, entertained Will for most of the night. She is turning 9 the day after Will's birthday and she was so sweet with Will. 

It was an exhausting day so we went home and crashed.  It was a good weekend and now it's Will's birthday week!!!  Can't wait for my baby's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment