Friday, July 1, 2011

Big Apple Adventure

This past week was Vacation Bible School at our church.  Will went to VBS last year for the opening worship rally and really liked it, so we decided to do that again this year.  Plus it is fun to go and watch all the kids and how excited they are to be there!


One of our best friends, Ashley, is the VBS Director at our church so we like to go and help her out.  She did such a great job this year.  The theme was Big Apple Adventure.  Our sanctuary looked like New York City!  It was so cute.  Also, the other VBS workers did a great job decorating their rooms to fit the theme.  Such a fun time!


In the taxi!

Will had a great time this year. He even tried doing some of the hand motions with the songs and he also loved the little video series for the week. It was about superheros so it was right up his alley!

Uncle John came too!

My mom in her room with her youth worker.  She did the missions room and it was set in Grand Central Station.

He favorite part was taking his offering and putting it in the bucket!  This year the offering collected is going to provide a one-year scholarship for school for a child in Guatemala.  Every night before we would leave the house to go to the church, Will would tell me "mommy, I get my offering!" It was so sweet and I hope that he will continue to give joyfully.



Wednesday, some of Will's nursery friends were also there.  We had to get a picture of them together.  Ashley put this picture on Facebook with the caption "Future generation of VBS!"  Can I just say that it made me cry? My prayer is that Will will continue to love church and will come to love the Lord with all his heart.  I hope that he and these little friends grow up together in church and always remain friends.

Will, Caroline, Sawyer, and Gavin

Will and Caroline

It was a great week!

Funny sidenote:  I told will over the weekend that Vacation Bible School was this week and he was so happy.  I kept calling it Vacation Bible School or Bible School. Monday when we were getting ready to go, I said "are you excited about VBS?" He started crying and I asked him what was wrong and he answered "I don't want to go to CVS, I want to go to Bible School."  So funny! We couldn't call it VBS the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment