Friday, April 16, 2010

Diamond Dash

Last Saturday, April 10th, Clay and I participated in an event call Diamond Dash. Clay heard about it on the radio and wanted to see what it was all about. Diamond Dash is a scavenger hunt around downtown Birmingham. You accumulated points by finding various spots in the area and answering questions about those locations. The big prize was a $15,000 diamond ring.

Clay did some research and was getting really excited about it. It sounded like an okay idea until he told me I had to ride a bicycle. I was a little freaked out. I hadn't been on a bicycle in YEARS and now the man I promised to spend the rest of my life with wants me to ride on around downtown Birmingham. I thought he had lost his mind!

Waiting in line to register!

After some coaxing, I decided it would be a fun thing for us to do as a couple, so we signed up! If you know my husband, you know he is SUPER COMPETITIVE. He makes everything a competition. I just knew if we didn't do well or I was too slow, that this would not be a fun day for us.

Clay looking for an answer.

The day of the event, we got up and headed downtown. There were 150 couples there! We did really well and really helped one another. I held my own on the bicycle with only one minor incident and a small bruise.

Hanging out at Rogue Tavern waiting for the results.

We kept checking our score throughout the event, and knew we were doing pretty well. Clay thought we were at least in the top 10 and I was proud of that. We thought maybe if we won some Crawfish Boil tickets, it was worth our hard work.

Little did we know, we came in SECOND PLACE. I was shocked! We won a $500 gift card to Bromberg's. I thought we did great but of course Clay thought we should have won. We were only 14 points behind the first place couple.

Getting our prize!

I have already been to Bromberg's and have a couple of items on my wish list!

We had fun and enjoyed getting to spend time together.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Congratulations! Deborah

    ReplyDelete