Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mommy and Will Day

Saturday, Will and I had the day all to ourselves.  Clay was doing the Diamond Dash with Jordan so Will and I time to spend just the two of us.

We started the day at the MS Walk. The company I work for has a team.  I always participate because our friend, Tracee, and Clay's cousin, Tonya, have MS.  Will was a little shy at first. I think the number of people there caught him off guard because I told him we were going to the park.  I bought one of those little backpack leash things so we tried it out Saturday. Will didn't seem to mind it. It was nice to have control over where he could go without having to worry about him running off.


Will got this little plastic football from one of the vendors there, and he has carried it everywhere since Saturday!


After we left the walk, we headed over to a kid's shoe store to get Will some new tennis shoes.  We always buy the little grey New Balances.  This time we got the same shoe but I opted for the ones with laces instead of velcro.  It makes me a little sad because those are big boy shoes. Just another reminder that Will is growing up!  Will did so well at the shoe store that a little reward was in order.

There was a bakery next door, so we headed over for a cookie.  There were so many cookies to pick from and Will choose a pink Easter egg cookie.  He sat in the booth across from me and we talked while he enjoyed his cookie.  He is such the little observer, so much that he was ease dropping on the conversation two ladies were having and he was answering questions that they were asking each other! HA! 


Will ate his whole cookie and then we had to go pick up a birthday gift.  Soon it was time to head toward home for nap time. By the time we got close, Will was hungry for lunch so we opted for Happy Meals.  I had so much fun eating lunch just me and Will.  He even sat in his own chair--no highchair or booster seat!  Really when did he grow up?!?!?


We finished our lunch and went home for our nap.  I got a couple of loads of laundry done while will was asleep.  Once he was up it was time head to MA's third birthday party. Will had a great time at the party.  Gavin was there too!  The three kids had fun playing together.  There were a few meltdown moments, but that is to be expected with 3 only children.

Will ended his day by having dinner with Mawmaw and Pop.  He always asks to go to Pop's house.  That's his favorite place to go because he gets to do whatever he wants whenever he wants!   I am so thankful that my parent's love having him over, it gives Clay and I the chance to get out of the house.  We went to dinner with some of our best friends and had a great time!

It was a great way to spend a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment