Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrating 4 Years of Marriage


On June 11th, Clay and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Last year at this time, we were at the beach celebrating our 3rd anniversary and making plans for the next year. We talked about things we wanted to accomplish at school and work, places we wanted to go, and projects we wanted to do around the house. Well, God's plans were bigger than our plans. We didn't get our school goals accomplished because we took time off due to the pregnancy, and work is still work. We went to the beach a couple of times just to get away, but no trips to Disney World or Italy. And we got to complete one big project at our house: creating a nursery. Life doesn't always turn out the way we plan, but I am so glad Will came into our lives. Who needs Disney World, I will take my sweet boy over that any day!

This year we celebrated our anniversary with a steak dinner at home with Will. Clay cooked the steaks on the grill, and I made the potatoes, salad, and dessert. I think it was our best anniversary celebration so far!

(Can you see Will in the background? Too cute!)


On Saturday night, Grandmother (what I am currently calling Pat) and Pop babysat Will so that Clay and I could go out to dinner. We settled on Outback becasue we had no been there in a while. We did not say maybe two words to each other on the car ride there, and then barely talked over dinner. We weren't mad at each other, we were just so so tired. Having a 3 month old will do that to you. After dinner, we went to target to buy a car seat for mom's car and then headed home to see our sweet boy. We were in bed by 9:15. So sad. Nothing to exciting, but we enjoyed ourselves.

I still can't believe we have been married 4 years. Every year gets better and better and I am so happy I get to spend my life with Clay. He is the best husband ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment