Tuesday, June 30, 2009

John the Baptist

Not the one from the Bible, but my brother John, who just happens to be a Baptist. This post is all about him.




Here is a little background information. John graduated from Auburn in May of 2008. He came back home to work and live. In the Fall of 2008, he was called into the ministry. In January 2009, he began taking classes at New Orleans Theological Seminary at the extension center at Brook Hills. Throughout this time, he has been involved with the youth at our church as well as a Sunday School teacher for 5th and 6th graders.


This past Sunday (June 28th), he spoke to our congregation for the first time. His message was titled "God's Superheros". Here are some of the points from his message:

  • Superheros are powerful, they save lives, they have a supernatural ability, and most important, they always have a task to accomplish; but they are fictional
  • We are similar to superheros because WE AS CHRISTIANS HAVE A TASK TO ACCOMPLISH WHILE WE ARE HERE ON EARTH (Matthew 28: 18-20)
  • We must go out and make disciples. We must be the hands and feet of Jesus (Matthew 25:35-40, Romans 10:15)
  • Our task can be intimidating but we have the POWER of Jesus (Philippians 3:10)
  • We must be strong and courageous, we should not be terrified and discouraged. We can stand firm for our LORD because he is with us wherever WE GO!!! (Joshua 1:9)
  • We are God's Superheros!!!!

I thought that he did a really good job. He did have a bit of cotton mouth, and because I am his sister and I love him, I had sympathetic cotton mouth. My family and I are so so proud of him. I can not wait to see what God has in store for his life and how God is going to use him.


I am so proud to call John my brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment