Friday, June 4, 2010

A Rough Week and A Family Dinner



This week has been really rough for me.  My emotions are all over the place.  After a year of Will being in daycare, I still struggle with being a working mom and being away from him all day.  There is more to it than just that, but I can't discuss that here.  It has just been rough and I am seeking to have peace with the entire situation.  I am praying that I am making the right decisions for Will and our family. 


On a brighter note, last night we had a family dinner with my parents, John, and Cousin Richard (we missed you Julie!).  We had baked spaghetti, salad, bread, and chocolate pie. It was a good, easy meal to prepare and everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I love family dinners and they just make me so happy.  It is so nice just to sit around with the people you love the most and have a good chat. There are no judgements being made and they are all genuinely interested in what you have to say.  I wish we did it more often! 


Of course, after dinner, Will entertained us until his bedtime.  He did one funny thing that I will share. He was carrying around one of the vacuum cleaner attachments and almost hit my mom with it, so she took it away.  She was sitting on the floor so she put it under her legs.  Will knew she had it but couldn't figure out what she had done with it, so he started looking for it. Mom was wearing capris that had little flaps on the back pockets. Will walks behind her, bends down, pulls up one of the flaps, and looks like he is searching for it.  It was so funny.  I guess he thought if he lifted that flap, he could lift her up and get his "toy".  It was hilarious.  Will always has a good time with my parents and I just love watching them with him.  It is such a joy!


So it has been a rough week, but nothing a little time spent with family can't cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment