Thursday, June 10, 2010

Will goes to his first VBS

I have gone to VBS all my life and loved every minute of it!  I knew when it came time for VBS at our church this year that I would have to take Will to experience some of it. He is too little to participate in a class so I took him the first three days to the opening worship rally.  During the worship rally they sing songs and watch a little video. 

Saddle Ridge Ranch.  The set was awesome!

The theme for this years VBS was based around a Ranch theme. The motto for the week was "Have Questions? Ask God!" and the bible verse was James 1:5: Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.

Will on the first night of VBS!

Will was a little cranky this week due to teething and napping issues, so not every moment was happy but I think he enjoyed it for the most part. He really wanted to go on the stage.  He settled for going up in the balcony and watching from there.

 I am glad that our family has such an awesome church family.  They all love Will and welcomed him to be a part of VBS even though he was technically "too young" to participate.

Clay came with us on Wednesday night.

I hope that through the years he will come to love going to VBS as much I as did as a kid.  VBS is such a wonderful ministry for children and it teaches them so much about Jesus and His love for us.

Will and Ashley!! 

Ashley did a wonderful job pulling everything together.  I am so thankful that she is serving our church so faithfully.  She has a heart for children and that shines through in everything she does!

Will and Beth. 

Also, the teachers and volunteers were fantastic! They did all that was asked of them and more!

Will "riding" the horse at Saddle Ridge Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment