Saturday, August 6, 2011

10 Years


My 10 year high school is tonight.  That will make you feel old!  Sometimes it seems like high school was yesterday and other times it seems like it was so long ago.

I had a good time during high school. I know many people who say that they would never do high school again, but I didn't have a bad high school experience.  I always had fun during high school and I was never involved in too much drama.  I was on the dance team and many of the kids from school were in my youth group. I had a good number of close friends and pretty much hung out with everyone.  So if I had to do over again, I wouldn't do anything differently.

When I first got the email about the reunion, I kind of freaked out thinking about all the things I needed to do. Mainly, lose weight. I think that is probably every girl's first thought, but then I got over it.  I guess I just don't really care about that stuff so much any more. 

To be honest, I am really happy with where I am these days. I could stand to lose a few pounds and I could definitely be more patient with people, but I feel like I am right where God wants me to be. 

I have talked before about success and money, and how it just doesn't have a hold on me like in the past.  I may not make hundreds of thousands of dollars and I may not have the biggest house or the nicest car, but I am a good wife and a good mother.  I could hang out with my family all the time and be happy. I have great friends who love me and have my best interest in mind. I like what I do for a living. It allows me some extra perks in life and I have a flexible schedule. I have a roof over my head and food in my pantry.

I guess I say all that to say this, I am content.  Did I think this is where I would be at 27 years old?  I have no clue. I always remember thinking that I just wanted to be proud of myself and I wanted my family to be proud of me, and I think I accomplished that. I had a great time at college and graduated on time. I married my best friend and we have the greatest son in the world.  My mom, dad, and brother are part of my everyday life. I work hard.  My friends are some of the most wonderful people.  All those things make me feel successful.  I had dreams 10 years ago and a lot of those dreams came true.  I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment