Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Softball

Clay is playing on a co-ed softball team this fall and the season started yesterday.  We were afraid that the team was not going to be able to play because it was raining pretty hard about 30 minutes before the game was supposed to start.  Thankfully, the rain moved through our area and it cleared up just in time for the game!  Clay put the team together so all the people on the team are our friends. It's fun getting to see them play together and it's nice to hang with such great friends. Also, Robby and Robbin agreed to sponsor the team!  So the Triple R Metals Co-Ed Softball team hit the field for their first game!

I was going to try to get some pictures during the game, but because we were rushing to get to the field, I forgot my camera at home. Also, Kristen and I are in charge of keeping the book so between that and keeping an eye on Will, I didn't have time to take any photos.  We are hoping that next Monday the weather is nice so we can get a team photo.

Of course, Will is part of the team too!  Our friend, who made the team shirts, was kind enough to make a little shirt for Will.  He was so excited to wear his "baseball jerseee."


Will enjoyed watching the game but it lasted past his bedtime so he got a little cranky towards the end. Thankfully next week's game starts an hour earlier. I am definitely going to have to find him baby sitter for some of the games because they don't start until 8:15 or 9:15 pm.

We ended up losing the game 7-3 but everyone did such a great job.  I think for their first time playing together in an actual game, they held their own.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds for the team and I know that it going to be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment