Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pop's Birthday and Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is Pop's birthday!  It is my favorite part of the holidays.  I love getting to celebrate my Dad's birthday and spend time with my family. This is the one family tradition that has always been the same and is non-negotiable. 

Mom made a delicious dinner.  I love when she cooks a big meal. She always makes every one's favorite dishes and we eat until we can't move.


After dinner, we had homemade red velvet cake and Dad opened his gifts and cards.  Of course, Will always is right in the middle of things when he hears the words: cake and presents!


I have the best dad in the entire world and I am so thankful for him! 

Once, we cleaned up the food, Mom wanted me to get a picture of Will in front of their tree.  Pictures and two-year-olds are a challenge. 




Soon it was time to head home and get to bed so we would be ready for Christmas morning.  We got our pajamas on and then Clay read the Christmas Story from Luke 2.  Afterwards, we decided to let Will open one present.




He was thrilled with his Lightning McQueen slippers. He even wore them to bed! 



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment