Sunday, December 25, 2011

Santa Claus is coming to town!

This year, Will was very aware of Santa and knew he brought presents to nice little boys and girls.  Clay and I weren't sure how to handle the whole Santa situation and I had really put it out of my mind because I was so torn on the subject.


The Santa back story:
Multiple times before Christmas, we would ask Will if he wanted to go see Santa. He always would say no.   Then at his school party, Santa came to pass out present and Will flipped out!

One day my mom and I decided we would take Will to Bass Pro Shop to see how he would react if he saw Santa there.  It didn't turn out well.  We walked around at first and looked at all the activities they had going on. Once I felt Will was in a happy mood, we went over to where they had Santa's workshop.  Will didn't see Santa at first so things were going smoothly.   I didn't want to wait in the line because I wasn't sure of what his reaction would be, so I took him around the side so he could see the other kids talking to Santa and getting their pictures made.  As soon as he saw Santa, he freaked out.  He was crying and seemed genuinely scared, so we left.

For the next few days after that, we would ask him if Santa was going to bring him presents. This was his response: "Santa bring me presents, but he don't come in our house."  Then sometimes he would ask us not to left Santa come in the house while we were sleeping.  I felt so bad because I didn't' want him to be scared but I wasn't going to traumatize him either.

Anytime anyone would ask him what Santa was going to bring him, the answer was always "a green fishing pole."

We had no set Santa plans until my parents and John came to the house this morning.  We had a Christmas miracle occurring, Will was still asleep.

When Will got up, Pop told him that there was a gift on the front porch.  And guess what?!?!  Santa left Will a green fishing pole! 




I have never seen Will so happy.  Thanks to Santa for the green fishing pole and for leaving it on the front porch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment