Monday, October 18, 2010

How We Spent Our Weekend and LOTS of Pictures

We had a great weekend and spent time with great people!  This post is going to be long and will have lots of pictures!

Friday, Clay and I only worked half a day so we headed to pick up Will early.  He was excited to see me.  I got the chance to talk to a few of his teachers and was really encouraged by the things they told me.  They said Will was doing really well in his new class and Miss Diane got him to show me how he can count to three!  I was so impressed.  He is learning so much and he is talking so much now and repeating us more and more.

After we picked him up, we grabbed some lunch and headed over to the church so that we could watch our local homecoming parade. It is a very small town thing to do and we love it.  Will had a good time and even got to hang out with some of our favorite people!

Will with Ashley.

Will and Jameson playing while we waited for the parade to start.

Here it comes!

Watching the parade and enjoying a juice box.

Once the parade was over, we ran a few errands and then headed home to pack up for Auburn.

Saturday morning, we left to enjoy a beautiful day in Auburn.  We had a great time tailgating with family and friends.

I look at this picture and all I see is Clay!

Playing cornhole with Daddy and Kyle.

Standing on the board is not part of the game but Will thought it was fun.

Serious tailgaters!

Our little family.

We made the decision before hand that Will would not go in the game.  About an hour before game time everyone headed to the stadium and Will and I stayed behind at the "spot" and watched the game on tv.

Watching the game.

Elmo came by to watch the game with us.  Will greeted him with a hug.

He let Elmo sit in his chair and then offered him a drink. 

This is Will eating candy corn that he stole from Ann and Charlie's tailgate.  They tailgate next to us, and I looked over and Will was helping himself to their snacks. HA!

And then he crashed at the beginning of the third quarter.

He slept on the ground for about 30 minutes, then he wanted me to hold him the rest of the time. He slept through the entire second half.

It was a great day on The Plains and of course when your team beats Arkansas that makes the day even better!

Will is saying "GO TEAM!" He can't say War Eagle yet, but we are working on it.

We were all pretty exhausted on Sunday. We went to church, ate with Mom and Dad, and then took nap. That night after the evening service, we went to Milo's with some of our friends and had fun talking and laughing. it was  a nice way to end the weekend.

I hope everyone else had a fun weekend.  Hopefully this week will fly by!

1 comment: