Monday, October 11, 2010

Bro. John

As most of you know, my brother John was called into the ministry in the Fall of 2008.  Since then, he has been taking classes to obtain his master's degree in Christian Education and he has been serving as the Children's/Youth Minister at a local church.


At the end of September, our home church licensed John into the ministry.  I am not sure what all that actually entails.  The certificate he received said he was licensed to preach the Gospel, but he was already doing that, so I guess this just makes things official.  One thing I know it changes is, he is now allowed to marry people.  So if you are looking to get married, John can legally do that for you.


I am really proud of John and the steps he is taking in his life to follow God's will.  I know that being in the ministry is hard sometimes, but he really has his whole heart in it.  He has set a wonderful example for our family, our friends, and our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment