Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Backpacks, Balloons, & Bedtime

Sunday was a hard day for all of us. We were all exhausted from the birthday celebrations.  Clay had to get up at 6 to go cook breakfast at church.  Richard went with him, so that left me and Julie to get Will up and ready.

He loves church so much that it is usually easy to get him up and ready, but because he was tired, it was a bit more challenging.

After I got him dressed, he wanted to wear his backpack around the house.  Kristen and Jordan got this for him for his birthday and he is obsessed with it.


As soon as I put the backpack on him, he wanted to go. Only problem was my hair was wet and I wasn't dressed.  Will didn't seem to care that I wasn't ready and then he hung on my leg for the next 10  minutes asking to go to church. 

I was trying to think of something to occupy him so I could finish getting ready so I let him play with his balloons from his party. He had so much fun walking around the house with his balloons and he was a happy boy.  That was until I told him he couldn't take the balloons to church.  Then he had a meltdown. 


We made it to church with about 2 minutes to spare.  After church, we grabbed some lunch and then we all took a 3 hour nap. It was much needed!

We headed back to church for bible study and then went out to eat with our friends.  We got home right at Will's bedtime and he went down quick!  He was still so tired.  I went in and checked on him before I headed to bed and this is what I found:


I got the blanket off his head and he slept soundly the rest of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment