Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve has been a busy day for us.

Pawpaw came over first thing this morning so he and Clay could get started on Will's Christmas present.

The beginning of Will's swing set.

It took them almost 6 hours to complete it.  Will saw it completed but won't get to play on it until tomorrow. I know he is going to love it!

While the guys worked on that, Will and I got a visit from Nanny Toot (Mary Kay). She came over to bring Will a gift. He ripped the paper over as fast as he could. It was so funny. Nanny Toot got him a cute outfit! 

After Nanny Toot left, Will headed over to Grandmother and Pop's to spend the rest of the morning so I could work. I worked a little last night after Will went to bed, so I only had to work a couple of hours this morning to finish up some things.

I went and got Will a little after lunch and we came home and took a nap.  It was fantastic. I really needed the rest.

Tonight, we headed back over to Grandmother and Pop's to celebrate Pop's birthday.  We always have a family dinner together on Christmas Eve to celebrate my dad. It's always fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POP!!

After we ate cake, Will listened to some music with John.


Will copies everything John does and it is so sweet. I love my brother and he is such a good role model for Will.

Then my parents let Will open a Christmas present. There is one present that has been under the tree for a while and my mom told Will a couple of weeks ago that it was for him. He goes and points to that present every time we are over there, so he finally got to open it tonight. When dad told him he could open a present, he went right to that gift! He is so funny!  Of course he tore into the paper and said "WOW" when he saw it was a truck.



Pop and John helped Will set it up.

We ended the night at Grandmother and Pop's by baking some cookies. Will helped put the cookies on the cookie sheet and then waited patiently until they were finished.  He shared his cookies with everyone!



Once we got home, we got our pjs on and Clay read Luke 2 to us. Such a sweet moment for our little family!

Will is in bed now and Clay and I are finishing up a few last minute things so we will be ready for Christmas tomorrow.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel.
Matthew 1:23

No comments:

Post a Comment